Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oregon Coast

We recently returned from a vacation to the Oregon Coast. We went up for a family get together on Brad's mom's side of the family. We all stayed in a beach house on Rockaway Beach. It was really fun to have a beach house with a great ocean view, we even saw a whale one day. We had lots of fun hanging out on the beach, riding our sweet cruiser bikes, flying kites, eating the famous Tillamook icecream, and sleeping in.

Twin Rocks.

Ryan really wanted to see a starfish. We went to the tidepools and found lots of them!
Brad and Doug sporting the helmets they found in one of the local shops.
Brad went on a charter fishing trip one day. He caught some pretty cool stuff I hear, I was worried about getting sea sick so I didn't go. This was probably a good idea, a few of our family members returned from the trip having been a little green in the gills. While Brad was fishing I made blackberry jam with Brad's mom, Dianne, and Grandma Johnson. It is so delicious!

We spent a day in Newport and one in Cannon Beach. We visited the Newport Aquarium and I saw my first light house.
This was one of my favorite fishies.

This is the view from the lighthouse.
Us at Multnomah Falls, or as Brad calls it Melanoma Falls.

We had a wonderful trip, the Oregon Coast was beautiful and hope to go back soon.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, its beautiful! I want to go to the oregon coast! I"m glad you blogged niki! Your pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you have a blog now. good luck with hunting this year.

    ReplyDelete