Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jackson is 1! What?!

My sweet little Jackson turned 1 on August 8th. This last year has been the best year of our lives. Brad and I can't imagine our family without Jackson and are so grateful everyday to be his parents. I still can't believe a whole year has gone by; it went way too fast!

We celebrated Jackson's birthday with a family party. Jackson was totally spoiled by everyone. Being the only grandbaby on both sides will do that I guess:) I even made Jackson a dairy free cupcake, since he has a milk allergy, which he wanted nothing to do with. Oh well! We had so much fun being with our family and enjoying the beautiful day.

Jackson is at such a fun age. He is walking, starting to talk, gives the sweetest kisses, points at everything, and loves exploring every little detail that surrounds him. His favorite things right now are music, his special blankie, and any kind of ball. He loves anything he can feed himself (food doesn't taste as good if I try and feed it to him I guess) and loves drinking from a straw. He is definitely a momma's boy; I'm enjoying that while it lasts:) I love his big cheesy grin, showing off his cute little baby teeth. He still isn't the greatest sleeper, but at least we get to spend lots of time snuggling in the rocking chair. We just love our little man so very much!

Our friend Sami Jo is an awesome photographer, and she took some pictures of our family and Jackson at 1 year. Here a few of our favorites:)






No comments:

Post a Comment