Monday, June 20, 2011

Lovin Summer

We have been having a wonderful summer. Here is a little update on some of what we have been up to the past few weeks:

Brad has been able to go fishing a couple of times. Jackson thought all the fishing gear was pretty fun:)
We had a blast going to Bear Lake with our friends, the de la Houssaye's. I feel bad I didn't get a picture of everyone, but I promise they were there! Bart grilled the best steak I've ever eaten. We played at the beach....Oh wait, there is no beach at Bear Lake. Just lots of rocks! We were kinda bummed about the lack of sand, but we made up for it by playing in the pool, eating lots of yummy food, and playing games. It was so good to get away for a couple days.
(Jackson was so snugly after swimming. I was in heaven!)

This last Saturday we went up Green Canyon with my family for a dutch oven breakfast and hike. Brad got me a backpack to carry Jackson in for my birthday. He let me have it early so I could use it on our hike:) Jackson and I both loved it!
And yesterday we celebrated Father's Day. Brad is the most amazing dad and husband, and I feel so lucky to have him! He adores his little man, and I love how much fun they have together. Thanks for all you do for us Brad; we love you so much!

I was happy to spend part of the day with my own dad. He is a great example to me, and I always know my dad is there for me. I love you dad! And he is such a great grandpa to Jackson:) My dad gets so excited to spend time with Jackson, and seeing the two of them together is adorable.

We've had fun going on walks, bike rides, breaking out the grill, and just being together. Jackson is cruising all over the place. He army crawls, walks along furniture, and took his first steps just last week. He babbles all day long, and is still such a happy baby. He keeps growing so fast! Jackson is loving summer. He would be perfectly happy to be outside all day long.

4 comments:

  1. Yay i'm so happy you blogged! Those pictures were great, bear lake looks like so much fun :) Jackson's getting so big and i LOVE that picture of you 3 on the slide, so so cute. Miss you guys, glad your doing so great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson looks so cute in his little helmet! You guys sure make a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute family! So happy you are doing well. You're a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top picture of Jackson on the boat with the fishing net is beyond cute. You should frame that. Sounds like things are going great for you guys! What a cute family!

    ReplyDelete